Friday, July 18, 2008

On the Road

We left yesterday for the weekend in Grand Prairie w/ Erin's parents. We arrived late afternoon & will be coming home on Monday. There is a big baby shower on Sunday w/ her family & friends. Many of her extended family members will be here & we're excited about spending time w/ them.

Last night we went out to eat for our 3rd Anniversary since our anniversary fell on Wednesday night, which allowed us to celebrate by going to Bible Study at church. We had a great evening out together. We dined at The Cheesecake Factory & then went shopping & bought Erin a new diamond ring for the anniversary. The meal was wonderful & the cheesecake was fabulous. We had enough food left over we will enjoy it again today for lunch. I finished my snickers cheesecake for breakfast this morning (not a good idea, it was way too rich for breakfast), but good anyway.

Sorry I don't have a picture of Erin's new ring to show, but let me tell you it's fabulous. We got a good deal on it: $10.50. That's right I'm a true romantic & spent a whole ten dollars on my wife for a new ring! Her wedding rings no longer fit (almost 8 months pregnant) & she wanted a ring to wear so everyone would know she was married. So I hooked her up w/ some serious BLING!

We will finish our anniversary celebration by going to the movies this afternoon to see "Mama Mia!" I'll let you know how it is later. My vote was for "Dark Night" the new Batman movie, but I'm sacrificing my opinion since it's our anniversary. I thank God everyday for my wonderful wife & blessed marriage.

No comments: