Saturday, June 28, 2008

The end of VBS

We had a great week of Vacation Bible School w/ an avg. attendance of 42 children each night & about 20 adult helpers. Everyone had fun & it was a great blessing to be a part of it. So many worked so hard & to them I am extremely thankful. Here are some pics from the week.
The huge puddle that formed following the unexpected downpour proved to be the biggest attraction with the kids. We had a Kickoff Pre-registration Luau on Sunday night.


What kid doesn't love blowing bubbles?



Is it time to send the kids to snacks?

We ended w/ Family Night last night so the families could see all we had done this week.


Here I am "catching a wave." We have an offering competition each year between the boys & girls to see who brings the most money (in pounds so every penny counts) & the boys came up short & as a result I got doused w/ buckets of water. The kids went crazy & I think the adults enjoyed it too. One of our Kindergarten boys came up to me later & looked sad as he told me "I'm sorry brudder Chris we made you get wet."

I told him it was OK & how proud I was they worked hard to help bring offering to support the Arkansas Baptist Children's Homes. It was a great week & we're praying God will continue to make a difference in the lives of these children.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chris,

Please thank your children for their generous gift for the Arkansas Baptist Home for Children which they have collected. Each gift and offering means so much to children and staff.

Thank you for all you do.

Randy Luper, Campus Director
Arkansas Baptist Home for Children
PO Box 427
Monticello, AR 71657-0427
Phone: 870.367.5358
Fax: 870.367.5856

Website: www.abchomes.org
Email: rluper@abchomes.org