Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Tomatoes



Sometimes the small things make a BIG difference. I, for instance, don't eat fresh tomatoes, but everyone in my family & around me does. The Salmonella scare of recent days has put a hamper on the availability of tomatoes. I haven't thought much of it, but oh what a tragedy it has been for my wife! She eats a sandwich & doesn't have tomato. We had Taco Bell a couple of weeks ago & guess what, no tomatoes on the tacos.

Going to Texarkana on Saturday to run errands we had a long conversation about what to eat for lunch. TLC, nope no tomatoes for her burger. Quizno's, nope the sandwich wouldn't taste right w/o tomatoes. On & on we went until we decided to go eat pizza (at least there's nothing wrong w/ tomato sauce). I will eat a tomato in almost any form other than raw: ketchup, tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes, etc. But a raw tomato, YUCK!

I tend to forget sometimes how such a small thing can make a big difference. Many times we don't appreciate something until it's taken away from us, big or small. Pay attention to the small things, b/c even though you don't realize it, they can make a BIG difference.

No comments: