Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Day in the Louisiana Senate

On Tuesday I took a trip to Baton Rouge to the State Capitol to open the afternoon Senate Session in prayer. It was a great honor to be invited and to represent our church. I was introduced by Senator Mike Walsworth who is the State Senator for our district. Senator Walsworth is a fine Christian man whom I first met back in October when he visited our church along with Governor Jindal. Mike is one of many Christians serving in our State Senate & I was pleased to hear of the strong Christian presence in the Senate.



In the Louisiana Senate no official business can take place until after the opening prayer & pledge of allegiance. A group of chaplains who work for PRC Compassion make the arrangements for pastors to come & pray in the Senate. I look forward for more opportunities in the future to be involved in helping pray for & support our state government. I look forward for future opportunities to attend Senate sessions and to get to know better the men & women who serve in our state government.



I was a bit nervous praying in such a formal setting but I hope my ministry was well received. They ask us to limit our prayer to 3 minutes & though many doubted my ability to do so, I concluded my prayer in 1 minute & 7 seconds. I figured most would forget the words I prayed, but I bet they will remember it was brief. You can actually watch the video here. (Click on the "Chamber" video link for part 1 on May 25th).

3 comments:

Makati Directory said...

Sounds like a fun experience. I remember when I was much younger taking trips to see the state senate. Good write up, I'll check this blog out again.

-Later

zahirdeshi said...

online free bookmaker bets

fastfifa14 said...

Can manifestations be coming on any type of an everyday routine? AG: Individuals are very decided determined by when we obtain the content from your writers so when they go through each of our qualification course of action. Together with the Video game titles, since which is our personal program within just Stay, we're able to handle your posting method somewhat tighter. Consequently we've got headings which can be fully accomplished or even in the previous cycle of their qualifications method and also have been able to consent to your right time to of once they will certainly start so that we could reveal a fresh title weekly. And that we feel that is certainly important.

Buy Fifa 15 Coins

Cheap Fifa 15 Coins