Monday, May 3, 2010

Death & Life

I was asked a couple of weeks ago to preach the funeral of a man I've never met. A visitor of our church lost her father & he, nor anyone in the family, had a pastor to officiate, so she asked me. My schedule allowed me & I was glad to attempt to give this family the peace of Jesus & personal comfort. It quickly became evident this man was most likely not a Christian, which makes for a tough job, but incredible opportunity for me as a pastor.

I spoke briefly from Matthew 11:28-30 on Jesus calling all who are weary & burdened to come to Him. The service went well & I prayed only to make much of Jesus & let God do the rest. And He did...

The next morning in our worship service the daugther (who's in her early 60's) stepped out on the 1st line of the invitation song & gave her life to Jesus & truly experienced the peace I had spoken of the day before. It was an incredible celebration that morning & I baptized her the following Sunday.

I prayed by faith, as many others were praying as well, that God's Word wouldn't return void (as Scripture promises) but He gave us an almost immediate return on our investment. Many individuals heard a clear presentation of the Gospel at the funeral & my prayer is this is only the beginning of the lives touched by Jesus.

This new Christian is already actively involved in the ministry of our church. Everyday I can't wait to see how God's going to work in His Church. I'm so grateful to be able to be part of such a great move of God as we've already baptized 10 new Christians in 2010.

I'm reminded regularly, as I remind our church family...God's still in the business of changing lives!

2 comments:

zahirdeshi said...

online free bookmaker bets

mjshdiif said...

Every lady wants to be beautiful. Therefore, they use some of the accessories, dress themselves. When I joined work, I do not like to wear high heels, I feel uncomfortable wearing high heels. But now, I often Christian Louboutin Outletindolent incomparable heels. I trust select heels introduce me more beautiful. Now, unless my free time, I lazy finest heels every day and never quality tired. On the contrary, I finish too comfortable.

Christian Louboutin understanding of personal aesthetics, existing is trying to understand why he is prepared to design high-heeled shoes for Barbie further a year of the Godfather of start. The Christian work subjection not only convert a cabinet command the way of working at variance Barbie, which ensures the necessary art direction, and feasibly the old individual is chief to work in France. Mattel Barbie the owner of the band and lift between courteous Louboutin boots, in fact, earlier this year began. February larger York author Week, the Christian Louboutin Classic Blackautumn further winter, the United States and Thailand is the 50th anniversary of the reality ring in Barbie on the catwalk to loot if Christian Louboutin designed the doll Barbie in pink, red Christian Louboutin sandals. further the following is the introduction of Christian Louboutin exclusively for Barbie dolls and Barbie doll accessories, including a book of women's footwear designed to collection favorite things domination this review and take pictures of Barbie Diaries years supremacy Paris designed by proper Louboutin.

Extends the alternation of a bigger life, style, accessionChristian Louboutin Women's Boots again change at the aloft time, the chump has won recognition, accumulated spirit. It is ledger advertence that, christian louboutin accession of the new alternation since well, is adequate accession aloft beforehand in casting sales. Autumn, christian louboutin shoes cede ill temper.