Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Dedicated Volunteers

Being a smaller church we have fewer people who are actively involved so when one or two are missing we notice it. One of my biggest supporters & a true servant deacon helps in too many ways to name, but one of the key areas is our Wednesday night discipleship for children (TeamKID). He drives the van both ways, teaches the older group Bible study, sets up the room, etc. He is always busy working for the church & honestly I'm not sure how well some things would go without him.

I love his heart & the heart of so many servants in our church, but last night was a key example. I got a call last night just before bed from one of his family members to inform me he was in the hospital because he had accidentally cut his thumb off while working in the shop. He underwent surgery, but the doctor couldn't re-attach it. Thankfully it was above the 1st joint so he will still have some use of it, but still tragic & devestating news.

They meant to call me earlier but the chaos caused them to forget. They called me to inform me of the situation, but more so because Jimmy kept going on & on worrying about his TeamKID responsibilities for Wednesday. His daughter said that is all he kept worrying about, so they promised to call me & of course we can cover it.

Wow! I was totally amazed at his heart & dedication to his service for the Lord. Sometimes we don't realize how special people are & what they mean to us & to God's church. Always express genuine gratitude regularly to all those who help you in any way, whether it be ministry or other. Praise the Lord for people who truly surrender their lives completely to God's service as volunteers. Have a great day & say a pray for Jimmy!

No comments: