Saturday, January 26, 2008

Wild Game Dinner

Last night we had a great time as over 80 people gathered at our church for our 2nd annual Wild Game Dinner. Jimmy & Lucy Mize (professional bassmaster anglers from our church) provided & cooked all the food. A very special "thank you" to them for all their hard work. They provided a variety of wild game for us to enjoy. We had duck, deer, fish, BEAVER, frog legs, & wild game gumbo. One of the best things I've ever eaten were their "deer rolls." Take tenderized deer steak that has been marinated in italian dressing overnight. Then put half a piece of bacon, a piece of deer meet & a jalapeno slice on top, roll it up, stick a toothpick through it & grill to perfection!
Our guest speaker was Mark Davis from Mt. Ida, AR. He is a well-accomplished professional angler. He was won a Bassmaster Classic, 3 BASS Angler of the Year, & something like 48 Top Ten Finishes. He is a great Christian man who was greatly entertaining. He gave us a powerful message. The gospel was presented. We pray some received Christ & hope to follow up with some prospects.

The icy weather kept some away but a great turnout none the less. This is one of the biggest events our church has hosted in a long time. I can't say thank you enough to all who had a hand in helping with this event from cooking, setting up, cleaning up, & helping collect 70 or more door prizes. As a church we try to reach out & connect with those in our local community. I hope we can do more successful events reaching people with the gospel in the future.



Jimmy & Lucy enjoying the meal they worked hard to prepare.


Mark Davis speaking to the crowd.


2 comments:

kapjones said...

Hey Chris...it's your ol' pal from youth group days....Kim Pessel. So funny I ran across your blog. Sounds like life is good for you(of course I hear occasionally through my folks). Steph had another baby? Happy to hear the news you'll be a daddy....you will be great! I feel so old!

Anonymous said...

chris, I really enjoyed reading about the wild game supper at your church. I met Lucy and jimmy at a tournament in Shreveport this year. I was truely blessed to be Lucy's partner on day 1 of the tournament. It was great to hear all about her church and preacher. I have lost Lucy's cell number and need to get in touch with them about a boat they have for sale. Could you possibly get my email address to them ? I would greatly appreciate it.