Monday, August 11, 2008

Wake Surfing


Thursday I had the chance to go to the lake & hang out w/ some friends who invited us up for the day. This picture is from the last time we were at the lake & it was my first day. I don't have a picture from the most recent surf but there is a short video somewhere. It's lots of fun you start w/ a 12 ft. rope & pull up right behind the boat, find the sweet spot & then if you are able toss the rope into the boat & surf literally a couple of feet from the back of the boat. It's a neat feeling & though I'm really not that good at it I was proud on the 1st day to be able to let go of the rope.
The best part about it is the falls don't hurt b/c you're going slower than when you ski & stuff, also the water is fresh & not salt & this surfing doesn't impose the possible danger of encountering sharks! If you ever get a chance, give it a try.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man, you look hungry...Does a pork chop sound good? ha.ha.